H&SC Events at Daves Avenue
Note: Due to COVID-19 and the closure of campus, all campus and in-person school events are cancelled or on-hold at this time (or will be virtual where appropriate). If conditions allow, these events may be scheduled at a later date.
The Daves Avenue Home & School Club is proud to host several events throughout a typical school year. These events are made possible through your donations and through the efforts of the H&SC and many parent volunteers. Some events have the goal of raising additional funds for our programs, while others are simply fun family events to build a strong community. The following is a brief description of events typically held during the year and their approximate dates:
- Ice Cream Social (Evening before the first day of school): A gathering of friends old and new where students learn who their teacher will be while enjoying a sweet treat.
- Back-to-School Coffee (First day of school): After seeing students off to their classes, parents can meet for coffee in the MPR and learn all about the many programs at Daves and volunteer opportunities.
- Back-to-School Night (Second week of school): Parents meet in the MPR for introductions by the Principal, H&SC Board, and LGEF, and then go to the classrooms to meet their child's teacher(s).
- Family Movie Night (September): Families enjoy purchased food and then gather on the grass field to watch a family-friendly movie under the stars.
- Mama Mia (September): A party just for Daves Moms - typically held at a home or venue and has a fun theme that changes every year.
- Men's Poker Night (September): A night of cards and camaraderie just for Daves Dads.
- Fun Run (Mid-October): A fundraising event where all students run (or walk) around the track as many times as they can. The kids love it and parents are welcome to come and cheer them on.
- Bingo Night (February): A family event in the MPR where parents and kids can dine on pizza and play Bingo.
- Authors' Day (March): Children's book authors visit Daves and give presentations to all grades. Students may have the opportunity to purchase signed books from the authors' catalogues.
- Mom's Night Out (March): A casual night of socializing for Daves moms.
- Science Fair (March or April): Students have the opportunity to show off their inner scientist by displaying their experiments.
- Cool Cat Auction (April): Our largest and grandest fundraising event of the year! This adults-only party with a silent and live auction is a guaranteed good time and a great way to raise money for our students.
- Carnival and Talent Show (Late May): Our last big family event of the school year. All students and their families are invited for carnival games, inflatables, food, a cake walk, and student talent show.