Note: Due to COVID-19 and the closure of campus, many of our usual programs are cancelled or on-hold at this time (or may be virtual where appropriate). If conditions allow, some programs may be allowed to resume.
The Daves Avenue H&SC is proud to sponsor several ongoing programs that benefit students and parents alike. Please read below for a description of what may typically be offered during the school year.
- CASA - a group of community volunteers that encourage students to live a drug and alcohol-free lifestyle.
- Champions of Math - an extracurricular club of 4th and 5th graders who are very interested and motivated to learn more about mathematics. Run by parent volunteers.
- Clay - All students at Daves Avenue have the opportunity to make 2-3 unique clay projects throughout the school year. Parents help with preparation, completing projects in the classroom, firing in the kiln, and glazing.
- FunVisors - parent volunteers come to campus at lunch time to help run games, art projects, and other fun activities. This is a very important and fun program that ensures all students have an activity to enjoy during lunch break.
- Green Team - an extracurricular club of 2nd-5th graders who are interested in the environment and want to learn more about all issues green, and contribute to earthly/beautification projects on campus.
- Parenting Continuum - Speakers give informational presentations on many topics related to parenting. Presentations are typically in the evening and are free to parents.
- Project Cornerstone - A Silicon Valley YMCA initiative devoted to developing strong character traits in our students through anti-bullying programs, education and staff training. Parents can volunteer by becoming ABC readers in the classroom. ABC = Asset Building Champions.
- Safe Routes 2 School - Parent volunteers work with students and the community to encourage walking, biking, carpooling and ensuring that students have safe routes to their schools.
- Students in Action - Students who perform acts that benefit Daves Avenue or the community are highlighted on our website and in The Avenue.
- Yearbook - Memories made throughout the school year are captured in our fabulous Daves Avenue Yearbook, offered for sale at the end of the year. Parents contribute photographs and volunteers put the yearbook together.